My Favorite Places

One of my favorite places to visit is Ireland. I traveled to Dublin and Cork with my family in March 2015 and I fell in love. Every aspect of the city is beautiful, from the downtown city lights to the rolling green hills on the outskirts of the big cities. The people that reside in Dublin are incredibly friendly and willing to help you navigate through the city and recommend their favorite places to eat. Ireland is thousands of miles away from Oklahoma, but yet it feels like home.


Image information: Personal photo taken in March 2015 at the Blarney Castle near Cork, Ireland



Image information: St. Ann's Church in downtown Dublin, March 2012, taken by Bjørn Christian Tørrissen


Another one of the favorite places to visit is Telluride, Colorado. When I was five, I began going on camping trips with my grandparents. They owned a small camping trailer and a ford pickup. I used to leave Oklahoma the day after school ended in May and fly to Arizona with my older sister, and we would be gone all summer long with my grandparents in the mountains. Telluride was my absolute favorite place to camp. The scenery is beautiful and incredibly peaceful. The afternoon storms always came at the perfect time, and we would run into the camping trailer and start a game of UNO while we waited for the storm to pass. Telluride is one of the places that reminds me of the pure happiness of my childhood.



Image information: Personal photo taken in July 2017 at Alta Lakes in Telluride, Colorado


Comments

  1. Oh, how wonderful, Arianna! What a nice combination, and of course both the folklore of Ireland and the folklore of Native America are part of this class, with so many resources online too; both the Celtic traditions and many Native American traditions are well-represented in our online class library: Freebookapalooza: Native American and
    Freebookapalooza: Celtic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arianna! I went to Dublin, too! it was completely magical and I can see why Ireland is one of your favorite places. As a museum nerd, that what I spent the majority of my time doing, but wow Blarney Castle! Did you kiss the Blarney stone? And do you have the gift of gab? I would have loved to see Cork but I just didn't have time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment