Storybook Favorites

Although it was extremely difficult to choose, I finally decided on three Storybooks that I liked best. There were so many good storybooks in the collection and they were all interesting. The three storybooks I decided on are called "Happily Ever Whatever", "A Dog's Adventures", and "Live on University Legends." I picked these three because they were all completely different from one another, but they were still all interesting to read. 

To begin, I will start with "Happily Ever Whatever." I chose this one because since I was a little girl, I have always had an obsession with Disney movies. This drew me back to my childhood, thinking of all of the princesses and their love stories. The title perfectly described the reality of love and the fairytale fantasy love stories that are so popular. The introduction gives just enough information to draw the reader into the story without giving all the information away. As soon as I finished the introduction, I immediately wanted to read the next section. I think the author does a great job describing detail and really giving life to the characters. The Disney images throughout the storybook really added to the text, and the background and layout of the blog was perfect for the story, as it looks similar to glitter or pixie dust.

The second storybook that I really enjoyed was "A Dog's Adventure." I picked this one primarily because it involved a dog, of course, because I love animals. The picture of the golden retriever on the front page drew me in immediately. I liked this post because it aligns with the same thoughts that I have about dogs. Sometimes I wonder whether dogs like being in their homes or if they want to go out and explore new areas with new people. It would be so nice if dogs could talk! I thought this was a funny story and the author did a great job of personifying the dog to make the story even more interesting.

Last but not least, I chose "Live on University Legends." I chose this one because I have heard that the University of Oklahoma's campus is haunted by Indians, but I never knew the story behind it, so I thought it was really interesting. When I first heard it, I honestly thought it was just a rumor. Maybe it is, but it is still something intriguing to read about! Learning about Chief Black Hawk's story was educational, too. I had never heard of him, nor did I know that this tribe was forced to relocate to Oklahoma on the Trail of Tears. The author does a really good job setting the background information  up in the introduction, along with setting a "scary" tone by using somber colors. The author also includes real pictures of specific buildings on campus, which adds to the frightening, seemingly real possibility of these legends.


Image Information: University of Oklahoma's Ellison Hall at night, Ellison Hall

Comments