Famous Last Words: Surviving Research Papers

For this week, we did not have readings assigned for the class. I did, however, complete the extra credit reading assignment. I read the third chunk of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, which I am reading for my Storybook. I enjoy reading this book a lot, and I really look forward to it because it is actually different from the movie in many ways. It keeps my attention and I also love the illustrations throughout the book.

Unfortunately, I had to do a lot of writing this week. I had a research paper for my Chinese Foreign Policy class and another paper for my Water Law class. Obviously I could not use my creative mindset for these papers. I didn't really enjoy writing my paper for Chinese Foreign Policy, but I had to write an Op-Ed for my water law class, which was something new and exciting. I am really inexperienced with writing opinion editorials, so I liked learning how to write it. I wrote my paper over hydraulic fracturing, and I stood in opinion against it. Surprisingly, there are actually a lot more environmental and societal consequences than you would think from the news and/or media.

As far as my other classes go, everything is going really smoothly this semester. Compared to last semester, this one is a lot less work. For the most part, my classes are enjoyable and the content is interesting. So far, this class and my Social Justice and Social Change class are by far my favorites. Both of these classes involve material that I really have never been exposed to. They offer me insight to new information, which I personally love.

I am looking forward to next week because it will be Spring Break! I am desperately in need for a break from school. I will be going to New York City, so that will be very exciting. Although I don't want to focus on homework over the break, I will likely spend some of my nights working ahead for this class so I can finish in the next two weeks. But the assignments for this class are enjoyable, so I'm not too worried about that!




Comments