Famous Last Words: One Step Closer to Graduation

This week, I really pushed myself and got a ton of homework done for several of my classes. I completed four or five readings for this class this week, and I actually enjoyed all of them. I read one story called Beth Gellert. It was really a sad story but it was good. I really enjoyed the Celtic unit because Ireland is one of my favorite places and I really enjoy learning about their culture. I would love to continue reading Celtic stories, even once I graduate.

As far as writing goes, I was able to write one story. The original story was called Turtle and Thunder. It was basically a story about why a turtle stays in the water during a thunderstorm. I rewrote it and changed it to a frog and lightning. I wouldn't say it was a great story by any means, but I enjoyed reading and writing it.

So far, all of my classes have been going pretty good. I am enrolled in a class called Chinese Foreign Policy, and that is definitely my hardest class. There is a TON of reading and so many writing assignments - it is very difficult for me to stay interested in the subject material since there are so  many assignments. I will honestly say that this mythology class has been my favorite class I have taken this semester. Although it seems like a lot of work to begin with, the assignments are actually enjoyable to do. They are not busy work, and they get my mind off of all of the other rigorous assignments that I need to do for my other classes.

So, I have officially finished this class and made it to 410 points. I really, really enjoyed this class and I hope that I have some time to read more stories like these even after I graduate. I never really knew that these stories would interest me until I took this class. So I wish everyone luck finishing out their semesters!


Comments