Famous Last Words: Its Only the Beginning

I have a positive mindset looking back on week 2. I did not feel overwhelmed, but it is also just the beginning of a possibly long semester. All of my classes have gone really smoothly so far. I had ample time to do both of the readings for this class. I really enjoyed the stories I was able to read this week, and the one I focused on was called "Beauty and the Basilisk." I chose this was because it was a twist of the common story we all know, "Beauty and the Beast."

Although I did write a story in this class over my version of "Beauty ad the Basilisk," I did my best writing in my Social Justice and Social Change class. Although I really enjoy creative writing, it was not creative writing, but I felt that it still had a real purpose and meaning when I wrote it. The short response was over the Cycle of Liberation, and how we should help underprivileged groups battle through oppression. It was a reading and response that I really felt was really important, especially in the society that we live in today. When I write for my Social Justice and Social Change class, I have to be extremely focused because the readings and questions are complex. One of the reasons that I like this class so much is because I am free to write creatively and give my own twists to stories. It isn’t fact based writing or research oriented. This class really gives me a break from my international studies writing that I am used to. I can listen to music when I write for this class and I am able to have fun with it.

So far, I have completed five of the eight extra credit assignments for this week. Next week I want to be able to complete all of them. I always like to take full advantage of extra credit at the beginning of the semester so there is less stress towards the end. I really want to stay ahead of the work as much as possible and finish my last semester off at OU strong!










Image information: Motivation, Time Management by Chris Florence. Web Source.

Comments

  1. Arianna,

    I also took Social Justice and Social Change and really enjoyed it! I don't know who you're taking it with, but I really enjoyed Dr. Davidson's class. I also agree that getting to write creatively in this class is one of the best aspects... I really appreciate how much time I get to spend just kind of journaling and using my blog to process what's going in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment