Growth Mindset

The idea of growth mindset was so intriguing to me. I have never heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset before, but it makes perfect sense to me. I definitely believe that I would succeed greatly through this mindset. In my school work, I believe it would push me to work harder and encourage me to stretch out of my comfort zone and learn material that I am unfamiliar with. The same thing would occur in other aspects of my life, such as cooking. Personally, I love to cook all different kinds of things. My favorite is making desserts. However, I tend to learn a few desserts and stick to them because I am afraid of messing up on a new recipe. I think the growth mindset would fit perfectly in this circumstance, too. I believe that when we encounter something that is difficult, such as making a new recipe, it makes us better cooks. It expands our horizons, teaches us new terms, and allows us to create more than we believed we could. I think it is so important to teach children in the upcoming generations to step out of their comfort zones and take risks. They need to know that it is okay to not be perfect all the time. We are still humans and we will mess up. Children need to expand their thoughts and ideas to things that they are unfamiliar with. If children are encouraged to take risks and push themselves, they will eventually understand that it is okay to fail; it only makes you stronger in the end.


Image information: Instagram photo posted by secrets2success, April 2016.

I am definitely interested in learning more about the growth mindset this semester, because I believe that it will not only help me through my classes this semester, but for many of my future endeavors.


Comments

  1. I totally think you've got growth mindset figured out! It seems like you've got a killer positive attitude and I can't wait to read more about your journey through growth mindset this semester when I scroll through the blog stream. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment