Topic Research: Alice + Dorothy

Alice + Dorothy 

The topic that I want to focus on for my Project is The Land of Oz. When I was researching, I found a lot of interesting topics that I could alter, and there are several books that would be great for me to read and twist them into my own stories. I struggled to decide between The Land of Oz and Alice in Wonderland, so I eventually decided to do a little of both stories.

The first story that I imagined was a twist of the first book, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. It was difficult for me to decide what exactly I wanted to do with this story, but Professor Gibbs gave me the great idea of combining this story with the story of Alice in Wonderland, since that was one of my other options last week. I thought that I could create one story where Dorothy was taken to the Land of Oz, and while she was there, she met all of the original characters, but also Alice. I have not decided what characteristics I would give Alice yet, but I would want her to fit in the story line with the other characters.

The second story that I was imagining was the opposite of my first idea. I could bring Dorothy and possibly the other characters of The Land of Oz into the story of Alice in Wonderland. I think this story would be a little more difficult for me than the first idea, simply because I am more familiar with The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. This would allow me to bring more a twist to the characters and the storyline, but I am still considering Alice in Wonderland as a strong, second option.

The third story I pictured was the story of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with slight character changes. Instead of the tin man not having a heart and the scarecrow not having a brain, I would change what they were lacking. I just recently started brainstorming this, so I am not sure exactly what I would change each character to. But I would like to change it and then add a slight plot twist to the end. I think changing the characters lacking characteristics would be really fun in order to create a new story.

















Image information: Dorothy meets the cowardly lion; illustration by W.W. Denslow (1915). Web Source.

Comments

  1. Hi Arianna,
    I've already commented on your introduction, and I randomly picked this post!
    I love your project ideas! Both of those stories are my favorite and their whimsical plots and creative characters provide the perfect opportunity for collaboration. I think it could be interesting if Wonderland and Oz were actually the same place and both girls had to work together to find their way home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment